Media Centers, student commons, and libraries are transforming to meet the needs of teachers, students, and community groups as they change the way they gather, collaborate, teach, study, research, and learn.
Today’s media centers go beyond the traditional. In today’s spaces you can expect to see:
- Collaborative lounge space, often with a café look and feel;
- Display and “touchdown” areas;
- Bookstack areas;
- Computer lab zones with technology and mobility built in;
- Classroom zones that can be reconfigured for multi-uses and users; and
- Reading and quiet areas with a mixture of soft seating and movable tables and chairs—all equipped for powering today’s smart phones, laptops and devices.
School Furnishings, Inc. has been helping libraries outfit their spaces for over twenty years—it is one of our specialties. Listed are a select few of our manufacturing partners who have innovative furniture, seating, and shelving to outfit your new or renovated media center:
- Need a beautiful wood veneer reception desk, casework or library shelving? Tesco Industries produces semi-custom reception desks and shelving that can be wall mounted, mobile or in radius configurations.
- For unique library tables that can be mobile, and are available in a multitude of colors and finishes – with or without power options – we recommend looking at Tesco, Bretford, and Media Technologies.
- Looking for seating? Soft seating by Sterling Tree Studios or Jasper Chair or classroom style seating by Academia Furniture Industries or Artco-Bell may be just what your space needs.
- Hi top tables by Community, Tesco, and Media Technologies can outfit a café styled space within a media center for a stylish way to encourage collaboration.
- And for an individual, semi-private work space where students can read, write, use tablets and recharge devises, Academia produces the “THE ZONE’:Contact us today and let us help you design a space that will maximize learning, creativity and collaboration. School Furnishings, Inc. can help you design, select and specify furniture to outfit your new or renovated space: School Furnishings, Inc. 603-882-9481; schoolfurnishings.com
- Academia Furniture Industries – Producer of unique collaborative furniture as well as traditional pieces: teacher collaboration desk units, student desks, student chairs, “THE ZONE”, computer tables. academiafurniture.com
- Artco-Bell – Manufacturer of classroom furniture, computer desks, tables and chairs, artcobell.com
- Bretford Manufacturing 21st Century Learning—Classroom and lounge furniture that reconfigure to create spaces that spark students interest and beyond. http://bretford.com
- Tesco Industries – Manufacturer of an extensive line of circulation desks, tables, shelving, display and computer furniture, for over sixty years. tesco-ind.com
- Media Technologies – Library and classroom furniture for every zone in your media center. mediatechnologies.com